1. Check the history of the land in terms of what exactly it was earlier (watch out for burial grounds) and Plot approval by HUDA. Also check all previous history documents for 15 years (some banks ask for 15 years history docs when u go for a home loan), so that u dont have to run around reg office for documents. Also need to check the soil stiffness for better holding safety of the apartments, since it may be a filled up water well or lake.
2. If u have a Provident fund account from 5+ years with no previous withdrawals, u can use 90% from it towards new house. This should be opted after agreement with builder and before registration. U should go to PF office and pick some papers to fill that includes many details regarding the house u are opting to buy. Should attach with copies of floor, building and plot plans, Letter to detail Estimation of flat and how u r planning on the remaining amount, copy of agreement with builder Etc,. It may take 2-3 months to getit processed.
4. Try to choose a house that has minimum houses for the whole Apartment. Common area is a concept that consumes part of ur money and gives reduced Sq Ft to ur house that u use. It includes corridors, car parking, greenery, empty space between parking area and the main wall, open spaces in between flats or apartments when u go for a complete colony, parks, temple swimming pools etc,..Keep it simple to have more money spent for good Sq Ft for ur built-up house area. So overall prefer a colony that is a result of different small individual ventures and not one. This will reduce builders unnecessary profits and ur loss. It has one disadvantage though. Maintenance cost will be more per flat if apartment has less flats.
5. Make sure that u have multiple approaches till ur house. Multiple approaches should be connected from different main road from different directions. This will accommodate for increasing traffic in near future and more accessibility for u and for others to reach u. Try to have a close by RTC Bus route and Auto stands.
6. In my view its better to choose 2nd floor flat. First floor have more disturbances because of parking and drainage issues since all pipes from top will be blocked. Also from 3rd floor it becomes more lift dependent. U will have better air as we move up but if u have better gap between adjacent building, it will do. Also most of the apartments have approval till 2-3 floors and remaining will be built at risk. Check them in the approved apartment plan with the builder.
8. Do not choose the house if the parking is at underground. Its always better if u have parking at ground floor.
9. Check the bore well depth to see if its meeting minimum depth in the chosen area.
1. Mostly all outer walls should have double brick wall which gives extra space before windows, that will be very handy in kitchen or Bathroom.
3. plan Switch board points according to furniture and if u have small kids or kids expected, its not a good idea to have lower switch boards in any room.
4. Where ever u r planning to have Spike or plugs box for multiple power extensions, make sure to have good wire gauze and plug to withstand more current flow to avoid burnouts.
5. Plan properly all drain holes and check slope of land nearby to assist liquid flow.
7. No room should have obstructions ahead after opening the door (like a basin close to a bathroom door), unless the room is really big. This facilitates better space utilization and professional design.
8. Do not have transparent glasses to doors or windows to have better privacy even with open curtains to let more light come into the room.
9. Have empty switch points and extra plug points in every room which will be handy in future.
10. Check and have good company wood and bath fittings for longer life and durability.
11. While laying horizontal racks, like in kitchen where u place the stove, take into account the flooring
height before finalizing the rack's height.
13. When laying grills for windows, common problem is to have more gaps between the grill frame and the wood beading. This makes if less safer. Also make sure it is laid using all the nail holes provided for better
14. If u r expecting babies, plan for swing points before hand in bedroom and hall. Make sure it is hung from
horizontal metal bars inside roof to bear good weight. This gives feasibility to use it for adults later. Also
in houses with small kids, better to have all bolts at a higher level for all doors.
15. Ask beforehand for good Paint and putty finishing quality and follow it up.
2. Finalize occupation date with builder before going for loan and ask builder what if he doesn't give the house on time.
3. Check Property tax, electricity and other payments with builder and finalize before joining.
4. Watch out for pent houses, which will eats up everyone's free roof area.
5. Used motors may cause problems after apartment occupation since it will be roughly handled by many during construction. So make a note to builder.
6. Occupation dates are bound to be skipped, so ask for separate finishing dates based on different type of works and be in regular follow up with builder to have better chances of getting things completed on time. Speak about compensation based on what builder might skip and ur feasibility.
7. Keep in mind that Generator will be connected very late by builders.
2. Try to have fully open balcony with wide balcony design and not square one to make sure more opening is available for airation, it will be better to have it open to road.
3. More natural light and air should enter into ur house which makes u feel relaxed and better when living.
5. Never choose an area that has some industries around. It adds to pollution through air and water. Make sure that you consume water and air that is not polluted by industries.